The Australian Visa system is complex and in constant evolution. The Australian Government and the Department of Home Affairs are extremely focused on modifying the migration program based on the Country’s needs so it is important for a registered migration agent to keep updated and never stop learning.

Our expertise will help you navigate the following visa categories:

Skilled  Visa

All jobs in Australia are classified based on the level of skills required to perform them. As such, not all jobs can lead you to a visa and only the most skilled workers can aim to obtain a Working Visa!

These permits may be issued following a variety of procedures, one being the Points Based system. Points based visas are granted to those valuable migrants whose occupation and skills are deemed in need for the Country as a whole (through Skilled Independent Visa sc189) or for individual States and Territories (through State Nominated Visa sc190 or Skilled Work Regional Provisional Visa sc491). Depending on the visa subclass you may acquire the right to live and work permanently in Australia or you may be granted a provisional opportunity to demonstrate your commitment and support to the Country, becoming a permanent resident at a later stage.

These visas work on a ranking and invitation system and to qualify for an invitation a candidate must score at least 65 points. Additionally, there are some key criteria to meet:

  • be younger than 45 years of age
  • demonstrate at least competent English
  • obtain a positive Skills Assessment in your chosen occupation

Are you ready to demonstrate your value? Then get in touch with our Registered Migration Agent to evaluate your eligibility for Australian Skilled Visas.

Employer Sponsored Visa

Employers in Australia are more often than not interested in employing foreign workers to fill vacancies in their business and to be responsive to market’s demand. This is particularly true for certain industries, like Hospitality, Engineering, Construction and the Health Sector.

To do so they need to sponsor the workers, which basically means to offer them a job contract for a minimum period of 2 years at full time capacity and to ask permission to employ them. The Department of Home Affairs is responsible to grant this permission through the issuing of a proper visa.

There are three visa subclasses under this category, one of which can make you become a Permanent Resident of Australia straight away. This is the Employer Nomination Scheme sc186. To be granted one, you need:

  • at least 3 years work experience in your occupation
  • a positive skills assessment in your occupation
  • to be younger than 45 years of age
  • to speak English competently

The second, and most common, sponsored visa – Temporary Skills Shortage sc482 – is a temporary permit that in some cases can lead to Permanent Residency following 3 years of continuous service with the sponsor. Access to this visa is slightly easier:

  • only 2 years of work experience required
  • no age limit
  • lower level of English

Finally, the newly created sc494 Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional visa, that can only be obtained in Regional Australia. Much like the sc186, this visa requires an employer willing to sponsor you, a skills assessment, a competent level of English and less than 45 years of age the moment you apply.

However, differently from the Employer Nominated Scheme, it gives you access to a wider range of occupations. There is a catch though: this visa is “provisional”, meaning it will be granted for 5 years and it will lead you to Permanent Residency if – and only if – you:

  • will stay to live and work in the Regional Area for 3 years
  • while earning at least $53900 per year.

There is no points nor invitation system in sponsored visa schemes, however the Department of Home Affairs created different lists of occupations and depending on what list your occupation belongs to, you may have access to different type of sponsored visas.

To work it out yourself can be wearisome and confusing. Ask our support to identify the best pathway available for your particular circumstances.

Student  Visa

Did you know that every year hundreds of thousands of students come to Australia from all over the world? What do they do? They study, of course! Australia offers a top quality education system classified as 9th in the World’s ranking.

Whether you want to further your knowledge for work purposes, improve your English or make an international experience, the student visa may be for you. For example, you may be willing to attend a professional course that is not delivered in your Country; or it may be delivered, but the level of tutoring is slack and the final qualification is not comparable to some major qualification frameworks; or again, you may find that it is actually cheaper to take a course in Australia than in other Countries.

Since we never stop learning there is no age limit applied to this visa. On top of it, you also get the opportunity to work on a part time basis to keep yourself involved in the community and to make some pocket money during your studies. Sounds excellent, doesn’t it?

Clearly there are some requirements to meet:

  • you must enroll in a full time, face to face course (no part time or distance learning)
  • it is important to demonstrate your commitment through regular attendance and satisfactory progression
  • occasionally the Department of Home Affairs may require you to demonstrate genuine access to sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay and
  • for some courses, that you already have a decent level of English skills (otherwise you may struggle in following the tutors and it may create annoyance to your classmates)

To assure your access to a variety of courses (hospitality, marketing, business, sport, construction trades, community services, health…you name it!) we partner with five star education agencies to define the best study pathway considering your circumstances, your goals and your budget.

Green Wings Migration will be at your side with hints and tips for a bullet proof application and we will also support you in defining a study pathway that may favour subsequent visa applications, such as Post Graduate Visas, Training Visas and Working Visas.

Book a consultation to speak with our Registered Migration Agent and discuss your goals!

Temporary Graduate Visa

Your adventure in Australia does not have to end with your graduation. You may be able to enjoy additional time with full time work rights to gain work experience!

However, be careful because there are some fine details to be aware of.

First of all there are two different graduate visas sc485:

  1. Graduate Work Stream: for people who have studied a qualification relevant to an occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List, normally through a VET course (18 months duration)
  2. Post Study Work Stream: for students who graduated from a Bachelor, Master or PhD, regardless of the field of study (variable duration from 2 to 4 years depending on your qualification)

Secondly, not all qualifications make you eligible for a Graduation Visa. It is paramount that you enroll in a full-time course, registered on CRICOS for at least 92 weeks (or you can combine more courses to reach the total duration of 92 weeks). Beside registration, the actual time spent in studying must equate to 16 months, so be careful when requesting some credits from previous studies.

Finally, there are some very simple and common criteria between the two streams, yet so many people fail to meet them. Before applying, you must be sure that you can demonstrate:

  • your good character, through the correct Australian Police Certificate
  • your adequate level of English proficiency, through one of the designated English tests
  • your adequate level of health cover AND
  • in case of Graduate Work Stream, you must have applied for a provisional skills assessment through the relevant authority for your occupation.

You also have to make sure to lodge in time and to be in the right place at lodgment, or your request will result invalid!
We are sure you could make good use of an extra pair of eyes to check all criteria listed above. Send an email to discuss your case!

Training  Visa

Did you study for at least a year, but not enough to meet the criteria for temporary graduate visa 485? Or do you have at least 12 months work experience in the last two years in an occupation in the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List, the Regional Occupation List or the Short-term Skilled Occupation List?

Then you can still gain work experience through the sc407 Training Visa Program!

This visa is ideal if you want to take part in workplace-based training to enhance your skills in your current occupation or area of tertiary study and/or participate in a professional development training program in Australia. Additionally, you can use a sc407 visa to mature work experience required for licensing in or outside Australia and to acquire new knowledge to transfer overseas to your co-workers.

You need to have a sponsor who has developed a proper Training Plan to support your improvement. Of course we partner with industry leading trainers and training packages developers who will work closely with the business, supporting the creation of a tailored Training Plan to supply to the Department for evaluation and approval.

The training visa is actually a really convenient solution for both the applicant – who receives a wealth of knowledge and experience while working full time and getting paid – as well as for the sponsor, since the costs for the business are lower if compared to the costs associated with other type of sponsorships.

The English requirement for the applicant is also considerably easier, needing only a vocational ability.

Family Visa

Migration is not easy. It is a matter of commitment and sacrifice in order to reach a better quality of life. As it often happens, migrants get separated from their families for a variable period of time. We understand how sad it is to be away from your loved ones, as we experienced it first hand!

Or, in the more joyful events, you may have found love in Australia and you don’t want to be separated from them.

Family visas are handy in these cases since they allow you to rejoin (or to keep staying) with your partner, spouse, children, parents and other relatives.

Partner visas are the most common. They cater for de facto and married couples of the same or opposite sex. It is important to know that “being together” or having a “wedding certificate” is not enough to convince the Department of Home Affairs that you deserve a partner visa. Applicants are required to show corroborating evidence of their relationship covering four specific aspects:

  • cohabitation: you must be living together, unless specific cultural uses prevent it or you are unable to do so because of circumstances beyond your control;
  • financial sharing: it is expected that a couple manages their finances jointly;
  • social recognition: how you present your relationship to the society;
  • mutual commitment: what does this relationship mean to you and how you want it to develop in the future

Partner visas can also be quite lengthy to obtain, as they normally consist of a two steps application where the applicant is given a provisional visa for two years. Following this waiting period, if the couple is still together, the applicant will be awarded permanent residency.

Parent visas can be even trickier, offering in fact six different type of applications. Not to mention Child Visas, that can be very compelling and compassionate at times.

Clearly each situation implies different requirements to be met, some of them being health and character issues.

Don’t cause you emotional distress and let our experience serve your needs. Make an appointment today to determine the most suitable option for your case.

Working Holiday Visa

Surely you heard of the Working Holiday Visa and the Work and Holiday Visa programs. They are the ideal solution for young people who want to experience Australia accessing a wide range of rights, such as the right to travel, to study and to work – although with some restrictions.

These visas are valid for 12 months and if you commit to work for at least 88 days in Regional Australia doing some specified job, you may extend your visa for additional 12 months.

Think about a gap year between studies for example or a journey rich of anecdotes to share on your travel blog! For some, the programs also represent a way to make important work contacts in Australia.

Working Holiday Visas can also be used strategically, in combination with other visas. For example after a Student Visa or a Post Graduate Visa to acquire additional work experience.

Current age limit is below 31, however the Department of Home Affairs has canvassed a legislative framework to increase that limit to 35 years old. Did your Country subscribe the agreement with Australia yet?

The application process is straight forward at surface, but some hiccups may happen at times. To avoid any worry have a chat with us before proceeding, rest assured that you will have a much better experience.

Visitor Visa

Are you ready for your Australian Road trip? Are you excited to finally meet uncle Joe who migrated 20 years ago? Are you thrilled to visit your company’s newest branch?

If you said “yes” to any of those questions than visitor visas are for you, but be mindful.

These visas seem easy and hassle-free, but again the devil is in the details and a little mistake can cause a series of issues like a snowball. First of all there are three subclasses of visitor visa (sc600, sc601 and sc651) and not all of them are accessible by each and every one. Your passport will determine what visa you are eligible for and whether you have to pay for it or not. Additionally, some visas can only be applied from outside the Country, whilst other allow you to extend your journey from within Australia.

Don’t risk to ruin your time Down Under and rely on expert advice first. Book an appointment and let us do the hard work!


Congratulations! You have made it. All these years of sweat and tears are worth your so desired citizenship and passport (if you want it, of course).

Don’t be too joyful though, because becoming a Citizen of this amazing Country is not a given right, but a privilege and as such you must demonstrate to really deserve it.

At present, the criteria to become a citizen are as follow:

  • to have been present in Australia for 4 years holding a valid visa
  • to have been a Permanent resident for at least 12 months of these 4 years
  • to not have been absent for more than 12 months in the 4 years
  • to not have been absent for more than 90 days in the last 12 months
  • to pass the citizenship test
  • to be of good character

The Department of Home Affairs has been rumoring about changing the law introducing some more stringent criteria. So far, nothing has changed and if you are eligible and willing to embrace this new responsibility, you should do it sooner rather than later.

What we described above is applicable to a migrant with permanent residency rights, however there are other ways to acquire Australian Citizenship, for example children born in Australia under certain circumstances or born overseas from Australian parents.

If you want to discuss your specific case and needs, do not hesitate to send your enquiry.